Founding partner, Damian O’Doherty’s career encompasses almost twenty years of experience in business, media, government and politics. His influence and creativity has impacted some of the country’s most prolific ventures, acquisitions, advertisements, and real estate developments, including:
- Uniting the University of Maryland College Park with the University of Maryland-Baltimore, where he developed the public narrative for UM Ventures, which combines the entrepreneurial connections of both campuses and focuses on bringing university innovations into the marketplace. A report from MPowering the State said "the number of startups created quadrupled in the past five years, and doubled from fiscal year 2015 to 2016."
- Leading critical regulatory approvals to create the leading U.S. competitive energy provider with one of the industry's cleanest and lowest-cost power generation fleets, and one of the largest retail customer bases in the nation;
- Chairing the presidential SuperPac for Maryland Governor Martin J. O’Malley;
- Leading the approval process and award-winning advertising for MGM National Harbor Resort Casino — one of America’s top performing casinos where revenues exceed $50 million per month. Damian has remained a minority investor in MGM National Harbor since its inception; and
- Repositioning some of the East Coast’s largest real estate developments including the largest port/industrial redevelopment in the U.S., Under Armour’s campus headquarters, and America’s top community in 2016, according to Money Magazine.
Damian served as Chairman of Maryland Auto Insurance, the publisher of the news site Center Maryland, and as a board member of the National Aquarium in Baltimore. Damian coached start-ups as a member of the RocketSpace faculty in San Francisco and is a frequent speaker at State of Reform healthcare conferences in the Western U.S. — bridging health care and health care policy. He and his wife, Alycia, live in Aspen, Colorado with their two daughters. Alycia and Damian are early stage investors in several technology and health care companies, including the University of Maryland Health Partners.
Damian earned a B.A. from the University of Delaware, where he was both student body president and his graduation’s commencement speaker. He earned a juris doctorate from the University of Baltimore and has been a member of the Maryland Bar since 2000.